Gaining Planning Permission For Your New Coral Conservatory
From October 2008 new regulations have been introduced relating to the extension of existing dwellings.
Generally the size of minor alterations that can be carried out without planning permission has been expanded. The erection of a conservatory may not require planning permission subject to:
- No more than half the area of land around the ‘original house’ being covered by additions or other buildings.
- No extension forward to the principal elevation or side elevation facing a highway.
- No extension to be higher than the highest part of the roof.
- Maximum depth of single storey rear extensions of 3 metres for an attached house or 4 metres for a detached house.
- Maximum height of a single storey rear extension of 4 metres.
- Maximum eaves height of an extension within 2 metres of the boundary of 3 metres.
- Side extensions to be single storey with maximum height of 4 metres and width no more than half that of the original house.
On designated land (Conservation Areas, areas of “Oustanding Beauty”, National Parks, World Heritage Sites) no extensions are permitted for buildings that are not single storey at the rear or for any extensions to the side.
Here at Coral™ we believe in making it as hassle free as possible for you and with this in mind have employed our own planner to deal with the relevant council on your behalf, if you should so request. We will obtain the planning permission and will provide all the relevant drawings and information that will be needed to ensure that your conservatory/extension will be dealt with accurately and in the least timescale possible.
*Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
*50% discount only available on all uPVC windows, doors and glass to ground conservatories. Credit Subject to Status. Ask for written details.
*This offer excludes Platinum and Evo4 roofs. Vertical sliding sash windows, composite doors, INOX doors building works, solid roofs and any building regulations work.
*Discounts DO NOT apply to minimum orders of £450, depending on geographical areas
*Minimum order may increase depending on geographical area
*Discounts apply to the geographical areas North, East, South & West Yorkshire. Out of these geographical areas discounts DO NOT apply.